Friday, May 27, 2016

Another set of batteries for my Tidalforce electric bikes

The weather has finally warmed up here in the Washington, DC area and I've put together a couple of new batteries. This time they're a bit different.

The one on the left is a 36V 16Ah battery made from Turnigy Multistar packs. One is a 6S and the other is a 4S. Combined in series, they make a 10S or 36V pack. Perfect for the Tidalforce system.

The one on the right is a 12S 10Ah battery also made from Turnigy Multistar packs. This time it's 3x 4S 10Ah packs in series for a total of 12S 10Ah. The 12S has a higher max voltage than the stock Tidalforce motor will handle but if the battery isn't fully charged, then it should work. By not fully charging the battery and being careful with how far the battery is drained, the battery should have a longer life than one that is charged to its max voltage.

As you can see, I've not connected them in series and haven't added the Delphi Metripack connectors yet. More photos when I'm done. The 10S 16Ah will probably go on the TF iOX and the 12S 10Ah will go on my TF S-750C (for Crystalyte).

 (click on the image for a larger view)
 (click on the image for a larger view)

3 comments:

  1. I use the exact same batteries on my two Ebikes - a S750X and a Quibix Raptor 32S setup--they work well and if you don't over charge/discharge them , they run many many cycles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do these mount on a folding tidalforce bike. Would you be able to make a kit so I can get my tidalforce running again?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard the multistar were much less reliable than the Flightmax. I hope for you this rumour is untrue.

    ReplyDelete