Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ergon GP1-L for Grip Shifters!

I received the GP1-L grip and tried to put it on my bike. The grips are designed for grip shifters but they are very long. It isn't a one-for-one swap with my existing grip which is a cheapy knobby job. I need to push the shifters almost an inch in towards the center in order to fit the GP1-L. The problem is that the Ergon grip mounts via a clamp that's close to the outside edge of the grip so you need to fully fit it onto the handlebar so that the end of the handlebar comes close to the clamp. I also noticed that I posted the wrong picture in my previous post. It looks like the one below.


It is super comfortable and allows for a much more natural and comfortable grip of the handlebars. I just need to find a way to make it work for me.

More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment