Thursday, April 28, 2011

iO, iO, it's off to work we go...

Well, after many years of desiring for a "true" Tidalforce bike, it's wonderful to pick up the used iO last night. I have always loved this frame and the styling for this model. It's completely stock and has been in storage for the past 2-3 years. The batteries are weak but still hold enough charge to go around the block a couple of times. Previously, I have built-up a Tidalforce S-750 frame with an e-bikekit.com 500W motor and ancillary parts from everywhere... 

I plan on swapping out the front battery hub with a "B" pack made up of Bosch Fat Pack (BFP) 37V batteries. I have used the Anderson Powerpole connectors located below the seat to connect one BFP to the bike. I haven't installed the "jumper" to enable the "B" pack yet. The voltage of the BFPs is right at 37V nominal and 41.9V fresh off the charger. I also have some brand new Tektro brake calipers to swap out the worn ones. 

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the motor. It seems to be running fine, however, does it need to be lubricated at all? I have a video of the motor in action here. Please take a look and let me know if it sounds "normal". I'm wondering if it is running a bit slow, which could be caused by the weakened NiMH batteries...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCBpq6cqXQ

I plan on adding a ebikes.ca Cycle Analyst to it to better monitor the battery and motor. I also plan on swapping out the weak front battery hub with a stock disc brake front wheel to lighten the load. 

I need to add a rear rack to hold the BFPs. Does anyone have a recommendation on a suitable rear racks for the iO? Email me at: ambroseliao AT gmail DOT com (replace the AT with "@" and DOT with "."

Thanks,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment