Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Tires and Puncture Resistant Tubes

Before the projected winter storm that was supposed to hit this past weekend, I decided to finish my red S-750 so that I could take it for a quick spin. I bought 2 Forté 26" thorn resistant Schrader valved tubes from my local Performance bikes store. They are extraordinarily thick and heavy duty looking. They were very reasonably priced at $7.99 each.




With the thickly ridged Cheng Shin C1096 Semi-Slick XC Bicycle Tires in a 26" x 1.90" size and the thick Forté tubes, I'm hoping to avoid many accidental tire punctures.

The Cheng Shin tires seem to be the standard tires on many OEM Tidalforce bikes. I got two of them when I received the console and throttle from California! Check out the unique tread pattern.


The tires look pretty good on the S-750.

More later,
Ambrose







No comments:

Post a Comment