Monday, July 2, 2012

A123 20Ah Battery Pack Assembly Method?

I've been trying to come up with a very straightforward way to put my A123 20Ah prismatic pack together that was both very simple and very effective. I've watched the E:S thread here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38761

Jason786 has a very elegant solution, however, it requires either a lot of custom work or he has some equipment which allows him to do this sort of complex molding.

I wanted something more straightforward. Here's my idea.


Basically, I place the A123 cells in alternating layers so that the + and - terminals are next to each other and then bolt them together with the appropriate non-conducting bolts. This would make it fairly straightforward to reconfigure the packs for whatever purpose I need and also allow for easy interchanging of cells.

More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment