Monday, April 15, 2013

My long weekend ride on the Tidalforce S-750C (for Crystalyte motor)

I took my newly configured Tidalforce S-750C bike out for a long ride on Saturday. It was a lovely day and I had worked on the bike Friday evening. I had to hook everything up including my old Bosch Fat Pack cells configured for a 2S3P configuration for 74V 6Ah. This motor rocks in a big way. Fast and fairly quiet, although it growled a bit at startup and lower speeds. Once you got up to around 15mph, the wind noise drowns out everything else. Top speed was 42.6mph and the range was 14.6 miles which is a great number for 6Ah of power.

It's divided into 3 parts. If you watch all three sections, You'll notice that I lost power twice. This is fairly easy to do when you have so many Anderson Powrepole connectors clipped together. If this were my final configuration, I would definitely tape all the connections together and secure the silicone wire so that it didn't try to pull the battery leads apart.

Here's a photo of the semi-final configuration of the bike with the Crystalyte HS3540 motor.


Here's part 1.

Part 2.


Part 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment