Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Free Mongoose Electric Bike?!?

In my never ending search for more Bosch Fat Pack batteries, I spotted this used equipment ad on Endless-sphere.com which listed 2 Bosch Fat Packs.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19216

Stiffi had posted 2 BFPs and a Mongoose branded Currie electric bike. I made an offer on the BFPs and charger and he countered by essentially throwing in the bike if I came to pick up the whole enchilada!

I made it over there today and I now have a total of 10 BFPs and a new (almost) electric bike! I plan on refurbishing it and selling it on Craigslist. I need to desulfate the SLA batteries and to clean up the bike a bit. I also need to rebuild the slide-in battery holder. Stiffi had opened them up and replaced the SLAs with the BFPs so some work may be needed there. He was also missing the SLA charger so I'll need to come up with one.

The bike looks like this one:


More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment