Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New 26" Alexrims DM24 front wheel with disc brake

When i first got the iO bike, I thought that the front battery hub was bad or going bad. I planned on swapping it out with a plain disc brake enabled wheel so that I could reduce the weight of the bike and also restore it to full range and power. Little did I know that the battery would be in almost perfect shape. I can get 6+ miles from it in Turbo mode. I haven't tried Eco mode on it for any length of time.

In preparation for swapping out the front hub with battery, I ordered a similar wheel. It's a Alexrims DM24 rim with the hub that has the disc brake mount. The only difference that I can see is that this doesn't have the black paint on the inner rim of the wheel where the label is. I popped on a 140mm disc brake rotor I had laying around just to see how it would look. I don't know when I'll get around to replacing the TF battery hub, but it may be a while until I can use this wheel! I will also need to pick up a disc brake, probably an Avid BB7, to fit onto the front fork of the iO. Luckily, the Suntour front fork has disc brake mounts already.


More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment