Monday, June 16, 2014

Tidalforce iOX front disc brake upgrade

Since the black Tidalforce iOX Cruiser's front battery hub is dead, I thought I'd swap out the front wheel with a disc wheel with the Schwalbe Big Apple tires while I fix the front hub battery. Since the wheel does not have a caliper brake rim, I had to install front disc brakes on the iOX. It wasn't difficult. I had to go to my local bike shop to get a brake cable cut to length but that's all that was required. The wheel already had a 203mm disc rotor installed. I used the appropriate adapter for the Avid BB7 disc brakes and the bike was upgraded in no time.

I like the look of the iOX with the new wheel. It looks sleeker and lighter.



3 comments:

  1. These versions of the WC Tidalforce bikes are nice….I've installed white walls and stumpy '50's style f/r fenders, a 53t front Truvativ crankset, a 26" shimano dyno 180mm disc front wheel, Avid BB7 calibers, a planet bike LED 6v/3watt front light, and a 9" black mirror to one of my IO cruisers.

    Give me an email address and I'll forward you some photo's. An exchange of ideas is good, right? :-)

    Kit
    kauaikit@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ambrose….did you receive photos? I have others too.

    ReplyDelete