Thursday, June 21, 2012

How to Construct an A123 20Ah Pack

I've been thinking of how I'm going to series the 13 or 14 cells that I'm buying from Oatnet in order to make a 45V pack and I think I've settled on a simple method. It's best outlined by Youtube.com poster named Electrodacus.


He simply folds the tabs over each other and drills holes through the tabs and uses 3 screws with washers to connect them. Since I plan on putting them in series, I simply need to alternate the packs so that the positive and negative terminals connect so that I make a 13 or 14 pack. I hope to get the packs by this weekend so building the packs will be my latest project!

I don't have any unused printed circuit boards sitting around but I do have some bits of formica which I think would do the job well.

More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment