Friday, April 16, 2010

Interesting and dangerous encounter

On my way in to work on Wednesday, I came up to a stop light with a right turn lane. I stopped at the red light in between the lane that goes straight through and the right turn lane so as to not block right turning cars. I try and be considerate and not be a target of frustration for drivers. I noticed that there was a minivan in the right turn lane. As the light changed, the minivan went straight and cut me off! He went straight in a right turn only lane. I was a bit perturbed, but since it wasn't a dangerous maneuver for me (he pulled out quickly), I didn't let it bother me. As I approached it further on, the minivan was stuck behind a bus. I noticed that he was pulling his car over to the left and it looked as if he was thinking of passing the bus in a double yellow lane! I stopped and watched him do just that! He passed the stopped bus and crossed a double yellow lane!

The thought occurred to me that there are always folks who will push limits or outright break the law. It's wise to assume that this will happen and not assume anything.. Be ever alert and vigilant for bad drivers and drivers who don't regard the law or the safety of other drivers or even bicyclists.

Assume the worst and stay safe!

More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment