Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Avid BB7 160mm front disc brake mounted


Along with the Manitou front fork comes the Avid BB7 front disc brakes! I've needed to have front discs brakes for a long time now. With the weight and power of my ebike, the old caliper brakes were wearing out very quickly. I had to replace the pads both front and back every six weeks with the old setup. I hope to improve my braking and improve the durability of my brakes!

The Avid BB7 is a very popular and low priced disc brake system which is available just about everywhere on the net. I bought these on eBay. The Manitou fork has disc brake mounts which allow you to attach the brake without a 90° adapter. This simplifies the attachment of the actual brakes to the fork.

More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment